HAVE A LOOK AT THE PDFS BELOW. THERE ARE A VARIETY OF FUN IDEAS FOR WORLD BOOK DAY. CHOOSE AT LEAST TWO TO COMPLETE THIS AFTERNOON. UPLOAD ONTO SEESAW SO I CAN SEE!
- Try to name the story from the cards. Ask your adult to read the story description to you. Can you guess the story title? Only look at the picture on the card if you need an extra clue! How many did you guess?
- Draw a picture of your costume and write a sentence about who you dressed up as and then write about why you chose this character - you may want to say something about the story they appear in.
- READ A FAVOURITE STORY. Use the Book Activity Worksheet to name the book with the author and illustrator. Is it a fiction (story) or non-fiction (information) book? Draw a picture of your favourite part AND write some sentences about it.
- Take a look at the World Book Day 'share a story activity'. Draw yourself and whoever is reading with you on the people templates. Illustrate the cover of your book (copy the real book!) add the book title, author's name and illustrator.
- See if you can design a book cover! It could be a cover for your favourite story or a familiar fairy tale. Remember to add the title ( bubble or bold lettering - maybe in capital letters), the author and illustrator (that'll be you!).
- Can you design a book mark? What would make a good design? Maybe some story characters.
- I think you'll enjoy this activity! Go on a scavenger hunt through your own book collection. See if you have stories or information books which include these characters, creatures or places (settings). Tick if you have a book with a witch, fish, teddy bear, pond, for example. THE IMPORTANT PART- Next to the tick write the title of the book!